Departmental Record Room (Exp.)
- To keep old files for preservation.
- To issue files to Sections for reference.
- To send files due for review to Sections for review and weeding.
- To get appraisal of files of more than 25 years old and transfer to National Archives of India.
- To Monitor (i) report (half-yearly) on de-classification of classified records; (ii) half yearly report on Recording / Indexing / Weeding out of old files and send results to National Archives of India.
- To send Annual Report on Records etc to National Archives of India.