|(i) The particulars of its organization, function and duties ||Plan Finance-I (PF.I) is primarily concerned with the matters relating to States Financial Resources.The PF.I Division deals with the matters relating to following subjects:- |
- All matters connected with Plan Schemes of the States and release of Central Assistance thereunder.
- Coordination with Planning Commission with regard to assessment of financial resources for States for financing their Five Year and Annual Plans.
- Continuous monitoring of the resources and Ways & Means position of the States including their overdrafts.
- Analysis of States Budgets.
- Coordination work relating to States Market Borrowings and Guarantees.
- Coordination with RBI in connection with RBI Committees, Finance Secretaries meetings.
- Issue of Consent under Article 293 (3) for raising loans by the State Governments as providing in Annual Plans.
- Preparation of statistical materials relating to States Plans and their finances.
- Scrutiny of State Legislations having bearing on the State's Finances.
- Finalization of accounts of Central Assistance given to the States for States Plans.
- Work relating to PAC and C&AG's Reports on Finance and appropriation of accounts with regard to utilization of Central Assistance granted to States Plans.
- Preparation of briefs on States Finances and for other meetings in connection with States financial matters, etc.
- Work relating to Parliamentary Questions of the allotted subjects and VIP references regarding State related issues.
- Compilation of data regarding debt etc.
- Coordination with MHA in connection with Non-Plan Schemes i.e. Modernization of Police Forces and Security Related Expenditure.
- Coordination with Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region in case of Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources, North-Eastern Council and all other matters of North-Eastern States.
|(ii) The powers and duties of its officers and employees ||The duties of the officers and employees of the PF.I Division are to effectively handle the work relating to States Plans and Debt and effect timely releases to States as per Budget Provisions. |
|(iii) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of submission and accountability. ||The files are maintained by the dealing officials State-wise. Initially receipts are marked from the level of Joint Secretary to Director/Deputy Secretary, then to Joint Director/Deputy Director/Assistant Director then to dealing officials (SI, JI, Assistant, UDCs, etc.). Then files are put from lower rank to higher rank for decision. |
|(iv) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions. ||Size of Annual Plans of States is decided keeping in view the availability of resources, debt sustainability of States, priorities of State Governments and National Goals in terms of Plan investments. The Central assistance to States, as provided in the Annual Plans, is released either on monthly basis or on fulfillment of terms and conditions as elaborated under State Plans. |
|(v) The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions. ||PF.I Division follows the policies as decided by National Development Council and the Cabinet regarding pattern of release of assistance to the States and related issues. |
|(vi) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control. ||The documents held in the PF.I Division are the State-wise files relating to assessment of financial resources, States correspondences on financial resources, files relating to issue of Consent under Article 293 (3), files relating to borrowings, etc. and files dealing with miscellaneous subjects. |
|(vii) The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof. ||PF.I Division does not deal with the general public directly. This Division deals with the matters with the State Governments on the State Plan matters. |
|(viii) A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public. ||Not Applicable. |
|(ix) A directory of its officers and employees. ||The directory in respect of the officers is maintained in the Personnel Division of this Department and is provided on the net. |
|(x) The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations. ||The same has been maintained in the Personnel Division of the Department of Expenditure. |
|(xi) The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made. ||State-wise allocation under State Plans is finalized annually at high level meetings between Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission and respective Chief Minister keeping in view the resources available and priorities of the State. Releases under State Plans are made by this Division. Updated returns State-wise/Scheme-wise are available on Ministry's website on State Loan Data Release Initiative with address https://finminapp.nic.in/stateloan/default.asp |
|(xii) The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes. ||PF.I Division does not deal with the subsidies. Hence, not applicable. |
|(xiii) Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it. ||PF.I Division does not deal with the concessions, permits or authorization, etc. Hence, not applicable. |
|(xiv) Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form. ||Available on Ministry's website. |
|(xv) The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use. ||PF.I Division does not deal with the citizens directly. Hence, not applicable. |
|(xvi) The names, designations and other particulars of the Public information Officer ||Shri P. K. Monga, Director (PF.I), Room No. 167-B, North Block. |
|(xvii) Such other information as may be prescribed. ||Additional Information about the Division is available under |